Wednesday 1 April 2020

Covid-19 Diaries - Lockdown Day 18


I want to report a crime. Well, I don't want to. I would have preferred it hadn't happened.

SOMEONE ROBBED OUR HAMMOCK. They did. They climbed over the gate into our small communal area and took it. It was Sol's wee-wee. It was a big part of her lockdown lifestyle. It overlooked the park she had almost stopped asking after. While she was swinging in it, things didn't seem so catastrophic.   

Whoever did it, I hope they fall off and bump their head, like the five little monkeys in the song we play to get ourselves and little Sol moving in the morning.  We've tried a few motivational YouTube videos but we haven't found THE ONE that works for us yet. 

A zumba one proved too fast. My husband perservered but after failing to replicate five moves in a row I abandoned the dance floor and sought solace in the washing up.



We had a laugh with an old Judi Sheppard Missett compilation (above). Then there was a the funky choreography with the pleasant Australian lad. Trouble was our toddler just stared at him zombie-eyed and put us off completing the half an hour routine. We don't watch much TV in our house and even though we need to entertain Sol at home all day every day we haven't resorted to parking her in front of a screen yet.

Next we tried the incredibly popular PE with Joe. Good luck to him and well done for raising money for the NHS... however Joe was a bit too chatty for us. In the end, we chose to whack a ball against the wall of the stairwell, back and forward to each other, until my palm went red and Sol lost interest in the mud she'd been feeding into the drain.

Game of the week? My white broken keyboard came very much in handy. My husband painted little pictures on different keys and dictated to Sol what to press. "Strawberry, banana, tree, car, car, strawberry..." Our hope is she'll emerge from lockdown a proficient typist. We might need her wages when the economy collapses.

The other day I was trying to locate a kids' poetry book from the vaccum pack bag I'd stored all my books in to avoid them getting covered in mould. Mallorca is a damp island and every winter the mould invades everyone's houses. Anyway, I came across a book by Eckhart Tolle instead. I opened it up on this page:

Become at ease with the state of 'not knowing.' This takes you beyond mind because the mind is always trying to conclude and interpret. It is afraid of not knowing. So, when you can be at ease with not knowing, you have already gone beyond the mind. A deeper knowing that is non-conceptual then arises out of that state.

I don't know about that. I simply don't know much at all. I don't know when this lockdown will end. I don't know what kind of world will emerge afterwords. I don't know if I'll ever find an exercise video I like. And I certainly don't know WHO STOLE OUR HAMMOCK.


Thanks for reading. You can find me on my Facebook Author Page or on Instagram.  










No comments: