Wednesday 29 May 2013

Stoke Newington Literary Festival - This June!

 
The Stoke Newington Literary Festival is nearly here and I'm very excited to be involved again!
 
Last year I took part in the Storytails 24-hour short story challenge. I write best when I'm under pressure but even I was a bit uncertain about such a tight deadline. Luckily, the idea came quickly and I wrote what turned out to be one of my favourite short stories I'd written in a while. It was a Jubilee inspired comedy called, 'Waterloo' about (Spoiler Alert!) Her Majesty locking herself in the toilet.
 
I must be going up in the world because this year I'm involved in a paid event! No I don't mean I'm getting paid, I mean the event requires  a ticket costing all of  £4. In fact, there will be lots of great talks taking place at the festival for similar silly prices, so check out the programme.
 
As for me, I'll be talking on a panel at The Literary Platform: Writing in the Digital Age.
 
My progress and successes as a writer are directly linked to my use of social media and I'll be sharing my story and discussing with leading commentators what it is to write in the digital age.
 
I hope to see you there!
 
(Or at a different talk!  Or in the pub afterwards!)
 
 

No comments: