Cassette pic by Appaloosa
I've said it so often I've bored myself: "How can I be turning 30? I still feel about 22!"
However recently there have been hints that the date on my birth certificate might be correct after all. I decided to compile some evidence to make a final decision.
• I have friends that I've known for 26 years.
• Some of those friends have children.
• One Direction looks like a group of silly little boys.
• I have thoughts like, 'What shall I do if I have a daughter and they become obsessed with a boy band like One Direction?'
• Last Saturday I watched Best of 80s Disco music videos whilst playing scrabble. It was a great night.
• While watching Best of 80s Disco I commented that the choreography in Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation' looked exhausting.
• Jimmy Carr's Big Fat Quiz of the 90s made me feel nostalgic for mix tapes.
• Last week I made my first apple crumble and announced it was easy.
• Husband, not a Londoner, says if we have children they must go to a school with grass. We passed a school with grass and I asked him to google it.
• I wear slippers. I never used to wear slippers.
• I still haven't learnt to drive.
Conclusion: After much debate I think it's clear the date on my Birth Certificate is incorrect. I can't possibly be turning 30 in two months if I can't drive.