Monday 8 July 2019

Writing, Motherhood and why my blog isn'talking to me!


Me: Hi blog!

Blog: I'm not talking to you.

Me: I know I've been a bit lame.

Blog: A bit lame? It's been months.

Me: I've got something to show you.

Blog: Tell me it's not another baby snap. People have been talking, you know. They say your Instagram has been mummified.  

Me: I'm not sure that's the right use of the word.

Blog: BABYFIED!

Me: Not a word.

Blog: MOTHERSMOTHERED. BABYBURGLED.  

Me: I'll wait until you've calmed down.

Blog: OOH, LOOK AT ME AND MY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY.

Me: ....

Blog: You used to be a writer.

Me: I still am. In fact, that's what I wanted to share. I had a piece published in Pregnant Chicken!

Blog: But you know sod all about farm animals.

Me: It's a really sassy pregnancy magazine. My piece is called: Is Your Pregnancy App Making You Paranoid?


Blog: Is it?

Me: I'm not pregnant any more, but I talk about it in my Pregnancy Diaries book, remember

Blog: No.

Me: I've also been interviewed on the Common Sense Pregnancy Podcast. The interview is all about No-Fear Pregnancy. It was a great conversation with author, Jeanne Faulkner. She's based in Portland.




Blog: Is that where you've been all this time?

Me: Portland? Uh no. I've been looking after the baby.

Blog: HERE WE GO AGAIN! BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY!

Me: I'm going to go now...

Blog: So, you just came here to show off?

Me: Uh, no, I just wanted, you know, to share writer stuff...

Blog: Whatever.

Me: We'll speak again soon.

Blog: Will we?

Me: You should buy my book!



Blog: You know what you should do...

Me: Shss, don't swear in front of the baby!


Sorry it's been so quiet around here  - I do update much more on my Facebook Author page! Thanks for reading! 



No comments: