Friday 24 April 2020

Covid-19 Diaries - Lockdown Day 41 - Important announcements


I have a few announcements to make. It won't take long. It's Friday and I'm tiiiired.

Oops, forgot to say Spoiler Alert! That was my first announcement:

1. It's Friday

I know a lot of people are confused about what day or month it is. Generally we all know it's 2020. It's going to be the year that makes it into future editions of Trivial Pursuit:

Q: When was the 2020 Olympics?
Oh, this is a trick questions, isn't it? I know something weird happened in 2020...

I wonder if we will ever forget this year.

2. Don't inject yourself with bleach

No, it won't actually cure you of coronavirus or prevent it. It's just some crazy rumour started by this guy from some Politics Reality TV show. The scriptwriters are hilarious!    

3. My new novel TIPPING POINT is coming out this May!

My editor sent me the finished manuscript with one of the most wonderful compliments I've ever received for a book:

I have to say that I have probably enjoyed this more than any edit I have ever done, thanks to the strength of your storytelling skills. It's great the way you develop the characters through the eyes of the other characters, their observations showing the readers what the people around them are like and building really believable personalities.

I grinned and grinned and grinned... and then told myself to stop grinning and get on with some work.

I can't wait to share the finished book cover next week. I hope the novel, which is set on the island of Mallorca, will provide some hours of entertainment and escape in these challenging and uncertain times.




Thanks so much for reading. Get in touch on my Facebook Author Page!  

Continue reading blog posts from the Lockdown:




Or, escape the lockdown with a copy of The Hen Party - set in the beautiful island of Mallorca! 





No comments: